The Greater Kansas City Science and Engineering Fair
All the information you or your student(s) need can be found through one of the links found here. The buttons will take you to the information you need to complete a successful project.
We urge you to take advantage of all the other resources contained through the links below:
- Awards—See what you can win by reading about our Special Awards, offered by professional societies, corporations, and others. Find out who won them last year. There are also two teacher awards. Nominate a special science teacher for an award.
- Scoring and Standards —Doing a science fair project addresses inquiry standards for both Missouri and Kansas. See exactly what standards are addressed. Find out how our judges score projects as they determine what ribbon a student will receive. The scoring guides vary by division of the fair—Intermediate (grades 4-6), Junior (grades 7 - 8) and Senior (grades 9-12). There are specific scoring guides for computer projects and engineering design projects.
- Resources—Take advantage of specialized science fair websites that give additional guidance on project selection, project research and display preparation.
- Project Ideas—For help in designing original projects, use the links to find science topics that are ripe for investigation. These teasers provide guidance for students without giving them a “cookie cutter” project. They are organized by science topic and grade level.
- Display Boards—Want to save money ordering display boards for your students? We have the best prices available. Reselling them for a slightly higher price will earn money for your school fair or science program. Just click the display board button.
Many sponsors make the Greater Kansas City Science and Engineering Fair possible. We are pleased to present our 2012 sponsors. Visit Lots More Sponsors to see all of the 2012 Sponsors. (If the sponsor has a website, clicking the logo will allow you to visit their site and learn more.)