Many teachers use the Teachers' section of the Science Pioneers website as a “one stop” resource for their science teaching needs. Here are some of its features:
- ScienceWise courses with descriptions of online and face-to-face courses, standards addressed, registration forms, and online payment
- Teachers report that they “take what they learn at our ScienceWise courses back to use in the classroom the next day.”
- SW Course Cancellation Policy: When a participant in a ScienceWise course needs to withdraw from a course, Science Pioneers will credit the registration fee to an alternative course. If no course meets the needs of the participant, he or she may pick up any materials from the missed course at the Science Pioneers' office after the course concludes. There will be no refunds.
- ScienceWise events including the Kick-off at the first of the school year and Educators Resource Day in late January/ early February
- Teachers describe them as “fun, motivating, and practical!”
- Lesson plans developed and tested by Kansas City area teachers, plus websites which contain hundreds more lesson plans organized by STEM topic and grade level
- Custom Professional Development for Schools and School Districts offering over 40 seasoned workshop presenters for specialized STEM concept or science pedagogy in 2-hour, half or full day workshops
- Resources with links to vetted websites. Use the search function or peruse the site descriptions in each of these sections.
- Science-related websites
- KC resources with links to science education attractions and destinations in the Kansas City metro area
- STEM Career Websites with links to learn about the opportunities that await students in the careers of the future
- Grants available for the classroom and links to sites where applications can be found
- Teacher Awards offering cash prizes for outstanding science teachers with award descriptions and downloadable nomination and application forms available here
- 2016-17 Program Posters electronic version is coming soon!